NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to the Outer Banks (Rodanthe) this weekend. I am planning to fish mainly from the pier, but would also like to try my hand at surf fishing, which I have never done.

I am a fairly inexperienced angler in general, but have fished from several piers on the coast of North Carolina through the years, and have some bottom rigs and a couple of gotcha plugs ready to go.

What can I get by with in the surf and actually catch a fish? Use the same bottom rigs and whatever bait they suggest at Hatteras Jacks?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Ryan White of Hatteras Jack, is the guy to ask. He knows what going on in his backyard.
Good luck. ....... ICM

·
Registered
523 Posts
All of the tackle shops along Rt. 12 are staffed with very knowledgeable, friendly folks. If you can make it to Buxton, the Red Drum shop is the #1 destination for OB surf fishermen. Speak with Bob Eakes, the owner...and the expert's expert.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
All of the tackle shops along Rt. 12 are staffed with very knowledgeable, friendly folks. If you can make it to Buxton, the Red Drum shop is the #1 destination for OB surf fishermen. Speak with Bob Eakes, the owner...and the expert's expert.
I love to hear Bob talk about the NPS. At one time he had a sign on his door and probably still does. National Park Service employees not welcome on this property.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts