NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fall is quickly approaching and it's a time that a lot of us look forward to. This is a major reason why. Our mullet run will kick into full swing in a month or 2. Was surfing youtube and came across this well-shot highlight of mullet being busted up by tarpon, sharks, jacks right in the surf.

Not filmed on our beaches, but I'm a sucker for slow-mo/dramatic music showing nature at it's finest. When the NC mullet run happens be ready ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2NeaOJGJw

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
So . . .when are these mullet runs on the beaches here in Wilmington? I was out surfing this a.m., I do NOT want to be surfing when THAT is going on! Well, surfing MAYBE, paddling around or falling off the board, definitely not!

Thanks for sharing - great vid!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This happens every year it's so sick. Check out the Carter Andrews episode of him fishing vero beach. It's on the bucket list.
Agreed, my buddy lives there and he films some incredible footage w/his gopro from his yak. The mullet will slam right into you tryin to get away from tarpon and especially jacks.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I was out surfing yesterday and found myself in multiple large schools of finger mullet down in Kure Beach. They were getting eaten, but nothing making swirls too big.

Needless to say, my feet remained tucked underneath my board and my puckerfactor was in the redzone. . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.