NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some bass fishing today at the pond at Azalea Park.

I saw a couple small bass and some bluegill.

No bites or strikes.

I was fishing small Rapalas on top.

Top water seems to get above the weed mats that plague parts of the pond.

·
Registered
81 Posts
stopped there in july(ish). after starting with a spinnerbait and getting nothing, switched to those little 4-inch robo worms, fished without a weight, and caught lots of small bass and bluegill (couple decent bluegill), and a handful of very energetic catfish (none of those more than 10 inches). talked with a couple local dudes fishing the far side and they told me they've caught big bass in there, in the 5-6 pound range. even adjusting for typical fisherman exaggeration, that's still a nice fish. my biggest bass was still on the skinny side of a pound. several really quality carp cruising the back section.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Went to Azalea pond this morning. No carp today although I did see a couple in the 10lb+ range when i was Bass fishing. Did manage 1 bass on a wacky worm and had a couple other hits. May need to pre bait for the carp. Plant Organism Fish Terrestrial plant Terrestrial animal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.