NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture or 3 of a 1 oz sputnik sized for fishing with 10 lb line. Just right for a 4000 shimano and a med heavy salmon rod when targeting whiting, pompano, spots and etc.
The wire used is T 304 stainless safety wire . The mold is a 3/4" iron pipe plug with the bottom drilled out with a 1/2" bit for better aerodynamics.

·
Registered
493 Posts
SinkerMan, I appreciate this alot. I have used pyramid weights for years and just never wanted to buy those sputniks. Your process opens the door for me to create my own. Good one.:)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually they were designed for that originally but I came up with these smaller ones so that I could use them with salmon rods for whiting, pompano,spots etc. Less weight all the way around to carry. The fish put up a better fight on lighter gear. I also don't need to use a gas guzzler to carry it all. Now I can even use the same rods for throwing mirrolures as I use panfishing and thowing spoons up to 11/2 oz. that coupled with some other things such as using vacuum tubing instead schedule 40 pvc for rod holders saves me enough weight that i can now haul twice as many fish back over the dunes when I leave.:p :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I see right now. I have MUCH to learn... ya do what with what...??? huh?? LOL!! Good job! I guess ya know what your doing since the other guys that know what your doing say you did it well....:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.