NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived home in RUTHERFORD CO. Thurs. night after the best PORTSMOUTH ISLAND trip ever. The weather was cold and a strong wind was blowing at our back. At high tide was the only times the fish were biting, Red drum, black drum, flounder, trout, pompano, several fish that I have no idea what they were and of course skate were caught. Shrimp was the only bait they would bite. I wanted to fish the sound side but the wind would not let me. Ten people in my party and everyone caught many fish. One Red drum had a yellow and black tag. Can't wait till Oct. of next year to get back for the sixth trip down.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
bfish---Glad your group did well down in our part of the state (Portsmouth Island is unique). Yesterday morning the winds shifted and lightened up. About a dozen fishermen were trout fishing from the bank in the deep slough on sound side behind south end of inlet-- using grubs and jig heads. Most limited out on big specks. I was there in boat and saw them doing it. Caught during rising tide. I heard they did it they did it again on falling tide. Thanks for the report!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.