NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that I will be fishing again soon since we are stinking it up on the football field right now. What type of freshwater fish should I be concentrating on in the middle of november? Where I'll be fishing there is catfish, crappie, panfish, bass, and pike.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me. I've never been striper fishing. May have to get with a buddy who owns a boat and make a trip up there.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Pike? You're kidding right. Here it will be walleye time and a good chance for some big trout. Crappie are on now but not in Nov. You should be able to catch a bass but it will take a little different approach. Slower, finesse style of fishing. Sometimes downsizing the baits will help.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there something wrong with pike? I mainly catch and release unless I'm fishing for crappie or catfish. They have a taste I like. I just want to drown my sorrows in the bottom of a lake. The wife usually gives me a 2 week grace to get football out of the system so I'm fishing as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm confused with the pike. Could this be gar? When I think of pike they are a cold water fish like a northern, muskie, or walleye. Are you maybe talking like a jack fish? Sorry to hear of the not so good season. ***edit* Chain pickerel-Gotcha! Common name "jackfish". It is related to the pike family.***

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem. The season is a bit of surprise. Knew we weren't gonna steam roll folks like years past but having a losing record is a surprise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.