NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After another hot evening last night crappie fishing, hot in numbers and lack of a breeze, I am back to full time bassin. My crappie total is up to 116 enough in the freezer till fall and time to start spending some evenings top water buzzing. Maybe I need to get me a box freezer just for crappie since the last two nights out I averaged 28 keepers versus previous times of about 10 - 12 each outing. I may go out one more time with a buddy to help stock up his freezer for the summer.

Last year I got hooked on buzz baits and this year I am going to put more time in on poppers and a frog. Lake Lynn doesn't have a lot of grass but there is a spot at Bumstead that a frog could be very good at. So instead of spending afternoons at the lake will be hitting them early mornings and evenings for the top water bite!!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've never thrown a frog, just bought a couple. I figured they are as good as any top water in open areas and great for cover.

·
Registered
339 Posts
On the back of the package it says not to set the hook until you can feel the weight of the fish. Just remember that and the game is on. Great across the top of lilly pads like we have in the rivers around here. You will miss a lot of fish though, at least I have. Hard to hook 'em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.