NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys,

I used to surf launch my yak off the beach and just paddle out and shark fish because I didn't have to worry about motor breaking down, running aground, or capsizing but, now that I own a little 16ft skiff I was wondering if there are any places around the Beaufort/Morehead City area that I could hookup on some big sharks (5-6ft) in protected water.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Some big ones hang around the fish cleaning tables along the MC docks. If you want to get away from the urban feel of that type fishing, the area around sand dollar island is a popular area for swimmers and several species of coastal sharks. Western edge of bird shoals where it drops toward the deep channel is also good.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
11 foot lemon shark was caught in 3 feet of water between the bridges at Harkers Island last August. This happens more often than reported in that location.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It's almost prime time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys; and your right catmaster its almost getting that time of the year. Crabman00 thanks for the spots! Anyone catch the article in NC Sportsman this month about kayak shark fishing?

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Caught a little blacktip while redfishing in a creek just off the ICW down the other end of that area in Oak Island last week. They're in there....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts