NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out behind the house a few nights ago to try some Wave Worms I bought at the fishing show this past February. One thing I noticed is that these worms are tough, so tough that it seemed the hook did not want to come out on the hookset. I also was trying a new wide-gap Mustad hook that I had received from Lucky Tackle Box. Can't say for sure if it was the worm or the new hook, but I missed the fish on my first 3-4 bites. As a result, I re rigged so that the hook was just slightly through the side of the worm versus sticking it in the middle like a normal Texas rig. On my last bite of the evening, I let the fish have it a bit longer thinking the fish may not be eating quickly that night. When I set the hook and saw this girl jump, I immediately feared that she may have swallowed the hook with the extra time I had given her on the bite. However, when I got her in, I was relieved to see that she was hooked just inside the lip. I ran up to the house for a couple of pics and then watched her swim away. I must say, she was a surprise compared to the 1/2 pounders I normally catch out of my pond!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.