NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is if you are a Tuna fish man what a day! It started yeterday afternoon I spoke with my Charter for the 2nd time & said it was going to be way rough but they wanted to give it a shot anyway so we discussed how bad it would be 7 they still wanted to give it a shot so I said see you in the AM. Went to the boat late last night just to make sure everything is in order not very excited about going but this is a good customer that has gone several times so the least we could do is try & show them a good time. Busted out the inlet about 5:20 & for once the weather man was right it was BLOWING it butt off but we plowed on out set the lines out 8 miles off the beach it was just starting to get Pink in the East & BAM the line started screaming. It was on now managed to get everything cleared & started backing down because this fish was leaving from here fast. Water was washing over the stern hard I had one of the guys climb in the Bridge to get to higher ground he was video taping all at the same time. The fight lasted about 30 minutes until we were up & down on him which took another 30 minutes to get him up it was tough trying to control the boat in the conditions we had but we finaly had a glimpse at him & then he started to go down again but Rick realy put the heat on him then & said no way & then he finaly got the leader on him & manged to stick the POON in him & the rest is history. A 88 inch slob on the deck & back before 9:00. I am sure Rick will chime in & give his vesion of the battle when he gets online. Anyway I was glad we went & happy to have such a nice fish on such a tough day. I will get video & pics up as soon as I recieve them. Did I mention it was kinda snotty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.