NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
the grass beds as such there is. mind you they are not the grass beds one would think they are just a fringe around the shore.. very few come out more than 20 feet..

i know i used to fish the northern lakes with miles of grass.. but on the yadkin chain the grass-asian dayflower-is a woddy lil feller lots of stem.. if ya hang it up in the grass you will likly have to go get it.as this stuff don't come loose easily..

if you want grass late april early may is THE time to beat it..

zooker

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeo me to but only on saturday, I think I will try out Badin on sunday. I thank i will put in at badin it's the nearest to me hear in weddington. I'll let you know if I get any thing. is there any spot that is best for bass where a fly rod will work?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hmm right now the deep rip rap next to the railroad tracks in the whitney area is pruty good..late in the day as the sun beats on it all day.. as for a fly.. only if it was a streamer type. i would fish this in the riverine area between the rail bridge and the tailrace.along the deep water docks on the left side..

early on in the year -like now-the upper part from the rail bridge upwards is best for bass.. watch the water temp she gets much above 48 and bass wont be what bites in that area. but striper-which could be fun on a fly- after the 31 of march i will be back to aggrovating the fishes at badin..

zooker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.