NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I'm going on a camping trip with some friends this upcoming weekend to the Badin Lake campgrounds in the Uwharrie National Forest. Knowing that this is one of the best bass lakes in the state, I am really looking forward to doing some fishing despite the fact that I won't be able to spend too long with a line in the water.

Considering that I've never fished this lake before I figured I'd turn to you guys to ask if there was any tips or heads up I could get regarding locations, bait selection/color, etc. I'll be able to bank fish only and somewhere relatively close to the campgrounds would be ideal (the site is located off of Badin Lake Road Ra, New London NC). Since that's a pretty limited area to work with, namely general bait selection/lake advice would be nice!

Thanks for the help and I'll be sure to report back with any luck after the trip

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Since you are pulling in toward the bank, I would suggest a super fluke rigged on a 5/0 hook without weight. Just twitch it toward you, especially near grass or openings beside the grass. If there are clouds with some breeze, try a small spinner bait, too.

Reactions: gambusia

·
Red X Angler
3,768 Posts
This time of year, early in the day they are often in the grass lines. If you work the grass slow and patient, you may be rewarded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts