NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to NC Angler and this is my first thread. I am taking a friend fishing tomorrow to Badin Lake. Is there anybody, that can tell me how the Crappie are biting and where to try? Also how to get to the nearest wildlife access area coming from Greensboro.

Thanks, Byrdman

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put in a alcoa when go there, always hit the first cove on the right good spot ,cover,deep water close.look for the power lines crossing in the middle of it. Usually a very good spot. Bass mainly . Pulled cats and crappie out of that spot though.The old whitney guys usually never go that far. It doesnt look like much till ya get in there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome man, never caught a crappie out of there but I have caught plenty of largemouth and white bass/white perch. I'm sure there will be someone who will chime in and let ya know what to do.
When do the white bass run or spawn there, I love to catch white bass. Back home I use mepps 1 3/8, or jigghead white,green or yellow. I caught alot with those.:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
circle drive is the closet launch to greensboro.. it is a good launch but gets VERY buzy.

coming down 49 you will see a flashing light at the jct of hwy 8. turn left about 1.5 miles there is a SHARP left curve. follow this road-blaine- till you see the lake 2-3 miles. take the next right follow the crooked road you will see a sign on the right the launch right at the sign..

zooker

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Go getum!!! Good luck, be safe!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I used to flounder fish for a little while until I got jinxed. I've been probably 15 times in the past two years and haven't caught the first one. Fished the same spots we used to just can't get one. I don't know that I'm going to fish for them again:D. My screen name relates to my addiction to catfishing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.