NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down next week, first time staying at Jolly Roger. Usually go to BIP or JMP, just looking for good bait shop in the area with good fresh shrimp and live mud minnows.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I believe that 1-stop has live mud minnows - they are on the RIGHT just BEFORE you cross the swing bridge. I get my shrimp at Surf City Crab- Cross the bridge and its 3-400 yards on the LEFT - beside Hardee's. 1-stop has shrimp but they always seem to be higher than everywhere else.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Bring a trap. Mud minnow prices are nothing short of criminal and you can find a spot to catch $100.00 worth in an hour if you want to move it a few times. Cast net is good too. Fresh shrimp as per previous post or other fish stores. If you want to PM me I'll tell you where an easy spot to throw a cast net for bait is close by. I also have many salted mullet and I'll be happy to give you a few dozen.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good luck on the fresh shrimp right now.Couldnt find any at Sneads Ferry off the boats.Got some from the hateful old man at Surf City Crab that were half spoiled.Shrimp are running later than usual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts