NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand it...I have to go to Jordan tomorrow to try and catch a crappie fish fry. It will be my first time on Jordan and I'm going to put in at Farrington Landing. I'll be coming from 64 South (Greensboro/Siler City) and wondered if I should get minnows here or if there's a bait shop close to 1008? Any help would be appreciated!
Thought I'd work the coves around the landing...sound like a good starting point on Jordan for crappie and maybe a bass?:)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
As long as you get there while they're open, the "Wilsonville General Store" is on the southeast corner of that intersection, they usually have minnows on hand. (They were closed when I came off the water after dark last time, don't know what their hours are.)

There's another shop on the northwest corner as well -- I've bought worms there, don't know if they've got minnows or not. Both shops have gas and snickers as well.

BTW, US-64 goes east/west, not north/south. :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
As you think you're getting close to the lake look for a tower on your left and a storage yard. There is a Citgo on the left at that intersection that has minnows. From there you are about 3/4 mile from seeing the lake for the first time. Go to the next light and turn left (at Wilsonville) and Farrington will be up on the left. Wish I could hook up with ya and head down myself, hopefully next week.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.