NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to the mayo reservoir in mid October for a lake-side campsite camping/fishing trip! Was wondering if there's a bait shop in the area that sells live bait? Only been up there once and cant remember if that place on the corner of neal's store road sells minnows or not. thanks

Michael

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
No clue, but I'll bump your post. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Z & J does sell minnows, worms & crickets, or did last year. They don't have a lot of tackle but most of what the do have works in the immediate area. It is a bar and the time of day you go in makes a difference in the quality of service you get(which has never been stellar for me).
Wally World in Roxboro has more tackle. There's also a store on the corner of 49 & Neil's Store rd that carries a little tackle and "live bait". It's on the way to the WRC Ramp on Mayo.

Reactions: Rod Wielder

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Z & J does sell minnows, worms & crickets, or did last year. They don't have a lot of tackle but most of what the do have works in the immediate area. It is a bar and the time of day you go in makes a difference in the quality of service you get(which has never been stellar for me).
Wally World in Roxboro has more tackle. There's also a store on the corner of 49 & Neil's Store rd that carries a little tackle and "live bait". It's on the way to the WRC Ramp on Mayo.
I know the store your talking about. Thats right where my campground is too! Couldn't remember the name or if they sold minnows there? You have a phone # for that store?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Never catfished there or caught one fishin for other species. We've had a couple 2 dozen pickeral days there, tho. SB thru the tops of the weed beds should take both bass an pike. an keep a top water plug at the ready! they may break anywhere at anytime on that pond!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.