NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good way to catch finger mullet besides a castnet? Will they go into a minnow trap? If so what do you use for bait inside the trap. Also will they bite one of those little rigs with small hooks on the line. Looks like little white insects or something.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Only reliable way I know to catch them is with a net. They are filter feeders so they won't bite a baited hook or go into a baited minnow trap. I have heard of some folks catching the adult size pop eye mullet (aka finger mullet when they are small) on a hook with a bread ball but I have never tried that myself.

BTW - the little hooks you mentioned is probably part of a sabiki jig and that insect looking thing is dried fish skin they put over the top of the hook as an attractant.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Heard of the pop eyes being caught with red wigglers and bream busters.;)

Cast nets are the way to go for catching this type of fish. One cast and you have a plenty and 2 cast and enough for all day.:cool:

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.