NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've used the Vexilar SP100 SonarPhone from my canoe. Haven't used it from the bank yet but it works really well. Hooks up to your phone, and looks like a real fishfinder, not a video game like some of the cheaper units I've looked at. It's on Amazon right now for like $70. I made a quick video review a little while ago...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have been using a HawkEye FishTrax 1C for about 3 years now, and am very pleased with its performance. I use it from my kayak, but it comes with a 15 foot transducer cord and a large float so you could use it from the bank. On Amazon, for about $100…uses 4 AAA batteries. I would also recommend you get the EverReady re-chargeable kit, with a spare pack of batteries. That way you can switch out when one set gets low.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got a Deeper Pro as a present and have messed with it a bit from the bank. It's pretty good. The drawbacks that I see are that it's heavy-3 oz., so you need to carry a medium-heavy or better rod spooled with some fairly stout line to throw it. My back is kind of iffy and I don't really like throwing that much weight. Even when surf fishing, I try to pick my days and stay below 3 oz. Also a little complicated to get paired/etc. and is a major drain on your phone's battery. I carry one of those charge blocks when I use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts