NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good spot anywhere at Jordan lake that's great for bank fishing and easily accessible from a roadway I can park on the side, or a parkinglot? I'll have my 7yo son with me. Hoping to fish for crappie, bass, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are several ramps to put in at Jordan, depending on were you live should decide where you park and fish. Poplar Point is one of my favorites, it's right off 64 you haven't said what direction you're coming from? Google boat ramps on Jordan Lake and you'll see the ones closest to you Poplar Point is in the middle and is safe, clean and easy for kids.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm assuming you're asking specifically about Jordan lake due to closeness in proximity so apologies in advance if my answer below is completely useless or telling you things you already knew. I've never had much luck on Jordan period (don't let that deter you), I've only fished it a couple of times - all have been on a boat, some of it poor weather conditions and with none of us knowing anything about the lake layout. My only two cents is that if you're looking for a good bank fishing spot there are couple smaller local lakes that might have more options and be easier to navigate (don't know that for a fact).

Couple recommendations not knowing where you live or how far you want to travel:
  • Lake Johnson Park
  • Bass lake Park
  • Crabtree Creek
  • Umstead Park
  • Eno River state park (heard reviews about this place but never tried it myself)
  • Shelley lake (I feel like more catfish in here than anything but haven't fished it much either)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts