NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have about two more weeks before seminary classes start, and I'm trying to get as much fishing in as possible (I won't be able to do anything else but study once the semester starts).

I'm looking for some places to do some hiking and shoreline fishing. I'd like to throw plastics around. I've been scouting google maps and noticed the Upper Neuse River Greenway. It looks like a nice hike, and it runs alongside the Neuse River (the part that runs from the Falls Lake Dam to Capital). Although I can't find any parking.

I also noticed there is a canoe drop off Capital drive. I'd like to walk alongside the river and fish it (perhaps as I head or return from DNP).

Is this possible? Also, if it is, what kind of fishing can I be expecting (if any)? Any tips on baits, fish, and method? Are there better access points?

I apologize if this question has been asked. I searched the forums for Neuse fishing and didn't get much discussing the greenway and my area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I had read some reports that the greenway was supposed to be completed back in May. Should have expected a delay with it being government work. As for poison ivy, it shouldn't be a problem with my boots and jeans. And as for the heat, it can't even be nearly as bad as fishing in a canoe in Miami. Now that was HOT!

You wade in at the canoe launch by the dam? Also, what should I fish with for the bass and bluegills? Are plastics alright for the LMB? Also, why fish upstream?

A final question if you don't mind. Can I use fake baits to catch bluegill? I'd like to find a way to fish them without having to purchase/catch worms or crickets.

Thanks again buddy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.