NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just started getting back into fishing since I was kid....20 year hiatus. I'm relatively new to the Triangle (live in Raleigh) and was wondering where some good bank fishing is at here in Raleigh. Don't have a boat, so casting off shore is my options right now. I checked out Lake Johnson last weekend and had no luck. I've heard Falls Lake and Lake Wheeler are pretty good, just not sure where to check out in those areas. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Google maps and lots of riding backroads. There are a few place around falls you can go. New Light rd, Old Weaver rd, there is a small pier in the Hwy 50 park/launch but the gate is closed early morning and late evenings when fishing is best. You can fish at the dam as well. There are more, so others will chime in. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Yeah I grabbed a falls lake map from the Hwy 50 info area and checked out a bunch of spots. Not to crazy about the Public fishing areas on six forks and the one on 98. Tried both multiple times no luck. Old Weaver trail looked promising. Surprisingly, the most luck I have had is at Lake Lynn, which is right across the street from me. Caught 6 Crappies in 50 minutes starting around 630pm.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah I grabbed a falls lake map from the Hwy 50 info area and checked out a bunch of spots. Not to crazy about the Public fishing areas on six forks and the one on 98. Tried both multiple times no luck. Old Weaver trail looked promising. Surprisingly, the most luck I have had is at Lake Lynn, which is right across the street from me. Caught 6 Crappies in 50 minutes starting around 630pm.

sounds like your my neighbor. I have had a lot of crappie success at falls lake and lots of bass at lake Lynn!!!! I know were ya got those crappie got a lot last year on a spoon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't caught any bass yet...but heard it's not the season. I was using a little 1-3 ft crank bait long minnow black and silver...they hit it like crazy. Only tackle I've had any real luck with. Might have to meet out there sometime. I'm relatively new to Raleigh...moved out here from Jacksonville when I got out of the corps. Don't really know anyone out here to fish with.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I haven't caught any bass yet...but heard it's not the season. I was using a little 1-3 ft crank bait long minnow black and silver...they hit it like crazy. Only tackle I've had any real luck with. Might have to meet out there sometime. I'm relatively new to Raleigh...moved out here from Jacksonville when I got out of the corps. Don't really know anyone out here to fish with.

Well it is the season. I caught a 5.7 pounder Friday AM rand two small ones last night one on worm one on buzz bait. I generally fish afternoons or evenings but Saturdays fish I the morning. The bass bite has slowed with the hot weather but the bite is still there just gotta use a slow steady deep pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts