NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always...always...alwaysssss....check your leaders. Had a light NW wind today so I grabbed some live bait, and headed to a pretty looking little point I like to check out every once in a while. Caught about 8 or so short flounder before I pitched a bait to a dock nearby the point and BAM! Got smoked. He took me around the dock and just as I put the sticks to him....he was gone. Definitely a doormat. When I brough the line back it had broke right above the hook. Totally my error not checking after all the smallies had probably been chewing on the line all day. Still, I found them... and thats always a good day.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Heartbreaker...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I need to check my lines more often. I hate to take the time to retie, but have lost some nice fish because of it.
I hate re-tying as well. What I've been doing lately though is having a bunch of pre made rigs already made wrapped on pool noodle sections. If I notice my rig is looking frayed, I can have a new rig on in less than 20 seconds. I use all loops to connect everything. Granted this only works well with Carolina rigs but it does save me a lot of time. Plus I can tie new rigs and re tie old ones during the week or when its raining. Good boredom killer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Thats a pretty smooth idea :)

I hate re-tying as well. What I've been doing lately though is having a bunch of pre made rigs already made wrapped on pool noodle sections. If I notice my rig is looking frayed, I can have a new rig on in less than 20 seconds. I use all loops to connect everything. Granted this only works well with Carolina rigs but it does save me a lot of time. Plus I can tie new rigs and re tie old ones during the week or when its raining. Good boredom killer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts