NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son, Wesley, and his family came up this weekend so naturally, I had to take him on the lake with me for a couple hours.

We put in after lunch Saturday and started working some main lake points with super flukes. Picked up this willing spot after moving around the point into the wind...

Water Sky Smile Fish Plant

After establishing that, I motored us across to the opposite side of the lake but couldn't find the right kind of points and all we saw were the gulls.

Back across and into a couple feeder arms and we started finding some concentrations of willing bass and had a blast! Here are a few of the participants...

Smile Water Tire Fisherman Seafood
Water Glasses Sky Vertebrate Smile
Water Smile Vertebrate Lake Fisherman
Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Lake

Smile Water Fisherman Fish Fishing
Water Vertebrate Smile Fisherman Body of water
Water Smile Vertebrate Lake Fisherman

I am hoping the action stays good for next weekend, too, as I will be fishing in the first Walmart BFL tourney Saturday.

The report...
Mostly clear water 43 to 46 degrees
Breezy conditions helped and all fish were caught with wind as a factor
Super flukes and jerk baits caught all the bass, again by paying attention to the pauses

It was a fun day and great to be out with Wesley again! Now that he is closer, I'm sure there will be more trips with him coming up.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice job, looks like a great day of fishing! What about the points was it that you were seeking and didn't find when you moved locations?

Reactions: lewisfishing

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The points that have been working for me are points that have a drop off to deep water close to the bank. They have a slight drop until about 7 ft deep and then they drop faster...like a ledge of sorts. When I went to the opposite side, I found the points tapered more into the deeper water, staying shallow longer and didn't seem to hold the fish as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I got an email today trying to get me to sign up for the Norman BFL. Says they got over 40 co-anglers on the waiting list. Gonna be alot of disappointed fishermen Friday evening.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...I heard that. It will definitely pay to be linked together this year, for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 69326 View attachment 69327 View attachment 69328 View attachment 69329 Barret and I was there as well, we didn't do as well as you done. We went and work the area there around the hot hole. Trying to learn Barret got his on a a-rid and s.head worm. Had fun, I missed a nice spot and got the shad on jerk bait hit him the the tail. Birds were a site to see.;)
Awesome! The birds definitely hang out at the hot holes, that's for sure! Some pretty big shad in Norman, too...glad you got a few.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wife is also Canadian...from Yukon and more recently, Vancouver. Her dad was the head ranger at the Kluane National Park

Reactions: roostertail24

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did a lot of my childhood in the pac nw of the U.S...Washington and Oregon. A lot of similarities with that area and the Vancouver BC area and lots of good fishing out that way, too.

Loved the steelhead and salmon runs, the sturgeon and smallmouth in the Columbia river and the trout in the Snake river.

I polished my fishing teeth out there but here in NC, I'm all about the bass!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.