NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
well as far as rivers once is almost as good as the next just watch the temperature. but right now the water universally is around 60 degree in the rivers and they bass are in pre spawn but soon to be close and spawning. and personally i think the ones that are 3 and 4+ are already spawning. naturally they spawn earlier but they also spawn deeper. but a for sure is the bucks are on the banks making the nest at the moment. not full blown yet but there there. and the females some will be on the bank feeding preparing for spawn but naturally fish away from the bank where the flat comes to a drop off and on that ledge the big ones should be there in there staging area to the spawn area. a mistake of many anglers is they are fishing the prespawn pounding banks and catching the male bass and actually they should be casting where they are sitting to catch the staging bass coming up from the winter temp. but as far as where to fish meaning river i cant say one from another cause i havent fished local in the last 3 weeks so its hard to say. but i hope this helps and this is all my opinion on the bass either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.