NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the board N. I dont think you would find a company or a class. Your best bet would be to either find a friend who fishes for bass and go out with him or to look into hiring a guide. I am sure if you did an internet search for a fishing guide in the areas that you mention that you could find one. if you do not think your ready to hit the waters yet, there are a plethora of books and videos on the subject of bass fishing. Fishing Magazines that you find at your local convenince or gorcery store usually have some good tips. Like anything though the best way to learn is to actually do it. Buy yourself a descent rold and reel and a few good lures and have at it. Its fishing its not like your can mess up or anything.

Almost forgot, be sure to get a liscense first. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey nverlast,

A good friend of mine guides in the raleigh/durham area. His name is John Hill at Mayo Lake Guide Service. 336-346-1431. He guides mostly at Mayo Lake, but will go to a lot of different places, including saltwater. His rates are very reasonable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're just looking to learn how to fish, I would do what basilwilliam was saying and start reading up. But if you're just looking for info on a particular lake, you could check out www.carolinaoutdoors.net I think there are some people on there who guide locally. Good luck and put'em back when you're through playing with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.