NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back at it mid-day today but working other bank. Started out with a couple 1 pounders then went over to where the receiver is really skinny and saw a swirl out between the banks. since there are a ton of turtles assumed it was another one but threw the buzz bait to it and a 3 to 4 lb bass hit it with not a lot of umph. I tried to set the hook and saw his profile but the hook came loose. I had my bait caster rigged with a watermelon red flake seance which i immediately threw to where I lost him - nothing.
Worked along the bank some more and kept getting short strike after short strike. I tried to use the hook from the rig off my bait casting setup as a trailer hook but the eye hoe was to small to fit over the hook of the buzz bait. So, I took a 2 inch pc. of the seance and rigged it over the buzz bait hook to change the color a bit and make the buss bait a little longer. First cast after this mod - back in action. Ended up getting 6 more bass between 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. Nothing huge but they were hitting the modified buzz bait like blue fish used to hit when I surf casted poppers up north.
The water is still a bit dirty from the rain this week but is seems to not be hurting anything. I'll try again in the morning with the 1/8 oz white buss bait.
Water Water resources Plant Plant community Natural landscape

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
way to go man I may have to come out that way I got the ole SKUNK today at Bond and Lynn however at Bond I had a bass fly out of water after frog before the frog even hit the water the bass missed naturally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.