NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got back into freshwater fishing again. I fish in a canoe on Sutton Lake( a power plant lake) a shallow water lake where the water is never cold. I have a problem trying to find what bait to use there are to many. The main bait I have been using is a fluke, this seems to work when the bass are schooling on top. I have heard that a senko is the bait to use, how do you fish it? What else would work?

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
mulletman, Yes A Senko Is A Good Bait For Bass, I Fish It Wacky Style, With A Small Circle Hook I Hook It In The Middle Of The Senko. Throw It Out And It Will Futter Down And Most Bass Will Hit On The Fall, I Also Like To Fish A Spinnerbait, Thats To Me Is Always Agood Bait For Bass. Chris

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Senko is a great bait. Wacky is probably the #1 way to fish them. I've fished them a lot as a carolina rig bait to put a chunkier snack down there on the bottom. I think it will shoot up then do the senko shimmy back down to the bottom when you jerk it. I've also rigged weightless texas style to fish weed edges or bridge/dock pilings - can't work it quite as jerky as a fluke, but its a good weedless drop bait and will cast a mile.

Depending on weeds, I think something like the Manns baby 1-minus might do well down there. It runs just a few inches under the surface with a wide, aggressive wobble. Buzz bait should produce in the mornings and evenings, but I prefer Zoom Horny Toads on a big hook.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the senko is a great bait especially wacky style. Now my favorite for bass is the ULTRA VIBE SPEED WORM. I have fished it in Florida and now NC and I always get fish. Texas rig it with a bullet wait and vary the speed, you can fish it like a spinner because of the tail (like the horny toad) or fish it like a finese worm, either way it is one of the most underated baits I have ever fished with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.