NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
i went to bass lake today for the third time. i havnt cought a single fish. my father in law landed a largemouth about 14".
everyone who i see there though mainly fishes for catfish. they stock the lake with 1500? fish a month for 6 months of the year. i havnt seen one of them.
the park itself is nice , but the trail does not go all the way around. its a mile out , and a mile back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
forgot to add , they do cut back the brush along the sides of the lake to make it look nicer but takes away the spots for the bass so i would imagine they are deep. when we rented a canoe there , a few times we hit the bottom with the oar. it is VERY shallow in some areas.

there is a sign on the trail that says what fish are in there. pickeral , crappie , bass , a couple types of cats and something else. plenty of turtles there too.

personally , im not going back. im gonna pay the fee sometime and hit up wheeler/simpkins.

where are you located?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Catfish fishing is pretty good, they are stocked regularly. Bass fishing has never been that great for me although I do hear good reports now and then, I guess you have to be there at the right time with the right baits. Summer time has always been the worse for me at Bass Lake, spring has always been the best. I fish there often since it is so close to my house.

One word of warning, the lake devours lures unmercifully - especially anything with treble hooks. Plan on loosing a few lures if you go, don't use the expensive ones!

Search the forums, there have been several posts about Bass Lake with some hints on where the good spots are.

Reactions: joeker
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.