NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
i went to bass lake today for the third time. i havnt cought a single fish. my father in law landed a largemouth about 14".
everyone who i see there though mainly fishes for catfish. they stock the lake with 1500? fish a month for 6 months of the year. i havnt seen one of them.
the park itself is nice , but the trail does not go all the way around. its a mile out , and a mile back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
forgot to add , they do cut back the brush along the sides of the lake to make it look nicer but takes away the spots for the bass so i would imagine they are deep. when we rented a canoe there , a few times we hit the bottom with the oar. it is VERY shallow in some areas.

there is a sign on the trail that says what fish are in there. pickeral , crappie , bass , a couple types of cats and something else. plenty of turtles there too.

personally , im not going back. im gonna pay the fee sometime and hit up wheeler/simpkins.

where are you located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.