NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished all day several of my favorit spots but not even a bump.We went to the hot ditch. We did really good there. I cought 23 bass in about 2 hours. I was throwing a white fluke. letting it swim back down the curnt.A few of the fish were 3lbs all the rest were all in the 1 to2 lbs broke 1 off.And lost one right at my hand.The hot ditch still works.But be wear of all hangs in there.;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hot ditch is about in the middle way of the lake . look for the bar joist on rubber pontoons. i havent been up to the power plant yet but seen alot of tournament boats comming back from that way saturday. think i will go up that way friday. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
194 Posts
After three of waiting I've finally bought a new Trailerblazer(used, new to me) so all lakes are open. Could you go into depth a little more on Blews? From the 158 bridge launch would I go left or right to the power plant? Where would the other direction take me? Is this a lake I can go wide open on? any fee's? Good spots to go? any thing you could tell would be great. Any bait shop near by? Thanks for any input. I'm coming from Greensboro. the last few years of Padro's life just could'nt pull my boat that far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kieth If you put over at piny bluff go under the bridge and stay to the left side shore line follow it you will end up at the power plant . You are on the other end of the lake from the power plant.I like fishing arond the power lines.either side.there are some good bluff walls around there . get ya a topo map of the lake and key on the creek channels that run clossest to the banks and thats were ya will find the fish at .they will be really deep .i say use live bait untill ya get use to the lake the fish there are hard to catch on lures.MY favorit is to throw a dt 10 parrel to the banks ,color blue back chartrusse belly all wallmarts has this bait it works well for me.I use 10 lb suffix line.the longer the cast the better.you want that cb diggin meanning that the bait should be peckin the bottom.better get a couple cause this method you will get hung up a lot . i aways have lure knocker on the boat it will save you from a lost lure most of the time.parreling on blews is the way to go if ya use a lure .i do spinner baits the same way but I use 3/4 tripple blaid spinners and some tandom spinners white or chartrusse silver and gold blades.remeber keep that DT 10 digging and you will find a fish out there .It will wear ya out but keep going im tellin ya it works. plus you wont to slow roll the spinner bais close to the bottom My saying with the spinner baits is that you cannot fish it to slow. I RECAMEND THE HOG CALLER SPINNER BAITS . try these out and dont get flusterated consintraton the cast and fish slow multiple cast in the same spot and be as quite as possible.no bangging around in the boat. good luck and let me know how ya do. tight lines buddy. lite linner

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey buddy I fish belews all the time. I know where and how to catch alot of fish on the lake.The thing about me is im in the just the opposite situation then you are . I got a really nice boat but no way to get it to the water.I live in king its about a 25 or 30 minute ride to the boat ramp.If you are intrested and got a truck Ill take you out on the lake and show you the hot spots . I have a few friends that live back behind the piney bluff earya.I used to guide on belews untill my truck died on me.I like to fish the lake mostly after dark . You live there and you see all the boat traffic in the day time. That kills the fishing and its hard to catch the fish when they have gone to the deeper water .Contact me on the private message board here and ill give you my number.I have some pics of some of the fish that I cought last week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.