NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about a BASS PRO SHOP near the raleigh area? I have heard a few rumors about it in raleigh or durham near Southpoint mall. When I was at BPS in JUNE they said that they had thought we were getting one but I have not heard much in the past couple of months. I have tried to investigate online but I come up with nothing. If anyone Knows something I would love to know! GOOD LUCK OUT THERE EVERYONE!

·
Registered
852 Posts
There was an old rumor about them setting up one near Cary on 64, but that was a year or two ago and still no BPS. Would make sense to put one here, the other three are between 2.5 and 3.5 hours away (Hampton, VA; Myrtle Beach, SC; and Concord, NC)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I think Greenville or Rocky MT would be a good place for a BPS.. (Or little Washington even)..LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
That's where we are lucky. Our rumors were true. All are welcome to come on down to fayetteville.:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I heard about a year ago that Cabela's was looking to open a store either near Smithfield or near Mebane. So far nothing. We would be in good shape with a BPS, two Ganders, and a Cabelas in NC......the Tackle Monkey would be doing ape flips.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It might be better if one doesn't come to Raleigh, the tackle monkey is already threatening to break my shins if I don't pay him soon. Although a part-time job = extra money (for the habit) + a discount! hmmm... nah I don't get enough fishing time as is.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
well I least my travls carry mw closer to RR than Concord....

·
Registered
146 Posts
If that is accurate information about Cabelas, what a great general location for them. Lots of transient customer traffic from the I-95 corridor, and they will get the western NC salt fisherman and duck hunters who are heading to the coast.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was talking to a guy at dicks the other day and he has heard that they are looking to try and open a bass pro either in Burlington/Greensboro area or at the 40 and 95 intersection in selma by the shops. I think the 40/95 area would be key but we shall see if any of this will pan out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello everyone,
BPS tends to put up close to a major corridor, like I-95, like I-85,...etc. If they put one in Roanoke Rapids, then don't look for one anywhere else in NC on I-95. Logistically, I wouldn't think they'd duplicate that close. Just my thoughts!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
there's a new development in the works off i-40/i-85 in mebane on buckhorn rd. (just west of hillsborough, and just west of the point where i40/i85 merge.) related news article here. cabelas has been cited as the "anchor store" (or something like that), but, of course, cabelas will neither affirm nor deny it. cabelas' sales were down last year and some projects were nixed and/or postponed, so who knows what will happen.

good general news article here on both BPS & cabelas plans for the piedmont area.

// joel

Reactions: flyakker

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
there's a new development in the works off i-40/i-85 in mebane on buckhorn rd. (just west of hillsborough, and just west of the point where i40/i85 merge.) related news article here. cabelas has been cited as the "anchor store" (or something like that), but, of course, cabelas will neither affirm nor deny it. cabelas' sales were down last year and some projects were nixed and/or postponed, so who knows what will happen.

good general news article here on both BPS & cabelas plans for the piedmont area.

// joel
Wonder why BPS hasn't built another NC shop - that last news article from the Triangle Business Journal was written almost 2 years ago and says they have been looking for 3 years. So they been looking for a place to build for 5 years... - I didn't think land was that scarce up in them parts....LOL

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Probably has to do with the $$ of land in the area. Then the funny economic turn and now an election year... I'd sit on my $$ too...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I just got back from a trip up past Richmond. They are building one just a few miles north of there on 95 right next to the Gander Mountain, so at least there will be one closer to Raleigh than Concord soon.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
We need one down east!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.