NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been to one of those bass pro classes they have? Do they help? How much information do they give on fishing and the items you can get?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I haven't attended a BPS seminar. However, I have attended other seminars and I have always come away with a thing or two new to try. I feel if you can learn just one thing that helps you catch more fish then it has been worth while.

Personally, I wish there were more fishing seminars here in Fayetteville.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks backlash, i have really fished much freshwater, but here in northern va that is all there really is. were i live anyway. dont want to spend the gas money to go to far,

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Personally,I`m saying no. Save your money. If you want autographs ,and have plenty of money, maybe.Have you ever had a subscription to bassmaster for a year? if you have then you know ,the fish pretty much do the same thing every year. With sites like this, and the internet in general,unless you want to shake hands with KVD and get a pic don`t go. Yes, new "tweaks" on old ideas are coming from the pros all the time. And yes some are just to sell stuff. I TIVO every Bassmasters and normally learn something. You can learn at least as much from somebody in your area who has never given an autograph to anybody, for free. You can learn from other people but there will never be a better way than to be out there with your line in the water. I would rather spend my seminar money on lures .:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have to disagree. I know firsthand how much knowledge is distributed at these seminars. The question and answer segment is worth your time alone. Can you ask your TV or magazine a follow-up question?

While we're here, myself and a couple other professionals will be conducting a striper fishing seminar on Monday night at Em-R-Wings in Apex. The seminar is open to the public and completely FREE! Sure, I'll promote products that I use and believe in, but I don't make a dime off it. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
IWhile we're here, myself and a couple other professionals will be conducting a striper fishing seminar on Monday night at Em-R-Wings in Apex. The seminar is open to the public and completely FREE! Sure, I'll promote products that I use and believe in, but I don't make a dime off it. Hope to see you there!
Monday the 17th, correct? Not sure how excited I'd get about the green wings, but the medium-hot ones were good last time I was there....

What time?

Reactions: puppydrum48

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Guess it would depend on the type of class or if it is a seminar. I went to one about 20 years ago at UNCW wilmington, and it was broken down into several classes throught out 2 days.

All the classes were taught by bass pros, most on the tourney trail, I was the best 2 days of cramed pack info that I have ever had.

tight lines <*)))>{

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
The seminar was given by American Fishing federation or something like that. It was about 50 dollars for the two days. along with that was goody bags from a lot of endorsers and bait and tackle shops.

I thought the price was cheap for the classes received.

tight lines <*-)))))>{

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.