NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I think possibly. I never use anything in front of a plastic BUT look at some of the lures that catch bass- many are not very natural. Some depends on how hungry the fish is.? Who hasn`t had a bass hit the bobber on a crappie rig? Sometimes they seem really smart-sometimes not.
Best reason to use a swivel would be line twist but if plastics are rigged right it shouldn`t spin.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I Never use any type of swivel while bass fishing unless I'm using a snagless sally inline spinnerbait... As long as your lines not twisting up you dont need a swivel... Tsunami makes small snaps that let you change a bait alot faster but they are about 1/4 the size of a normal snap swivel...they come in several sizes but I only use the smaller ones. I wouldnt use one on a worm or grub though. http://www.amazon.com/Tsunami-Fishing-Round-Bend-Snap/dp/B004SZU6FM/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1341597919&sr=1-1&keywords=tsunami+fishing+snap

·
Red X Angler
2,173 Posts
I use snap swivels all the time, it makes changing lures a breeze. When I accidentally throw a lure over a tree branch and it comes through down to the water, I unhook them and them bring my line through the branches, it save me lots of time, lures and money. As was mentioned by Mookie use good quality swivels. These a great swivels $2.99 for 5 in size 0.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_10051_7820

Once in awhile the swivel will foul a treble hook but the pros outweigh the cons to me, I use these even when I throw grubs.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
No snaps or swivels on plastic for sure. I do like the Bill Norman speed clips for my crank baits. Much easier to change baits and no added weight. They don't affect the action, either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.