NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone is fishing any tournaments and needs a co angler. IM wanting to get back into tourny fishing. If so please let me know.
Also if you know where there are a few and links to it so I can get out there on my own if need be.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
For the BFL tournaments you get paired with a boater. Just register for the event you want to fish and show up at the pre tournament meeting and they assign you a boater.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
"Boaters must be the registered original owner of a Ranger boat." Wow -- that seems mighty restrictive for Ranger not to have gotten title billing in this event. They won't even allow a second-hand Ranger boat, sheesh...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
That line pretains to the Ranger Cup contingency program. If you fish from a Ranger and are the top finisher fishing from a Ranger you get bonus money. You can fish from any make of boat.

Reactions: lefty

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
rob easy one
i will pm you the site
the bbc have bass fishing tourny's through out the entire state. with a large crew from the capital area that fishes the eastern part of the state.they are always looking for back seaters..though they don't pay out huge or cost a pile of money to get in. i find that they are more about making friends while fishing than anything.. i recently partnered with a capital area guy-sunday-they are a differant breed than my homies in the chain gang. but still every one is pretty easy going -there is a few ya want to punch out-if you member up just let me know as i am a member there also..

zooker

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd really like to fish more local, like harris, jordan club tournaments. hmm Ranger Cup huh?
Have you looked into the local jon boat fishing clubs? You don't need a bass boat to fish tournies here. I fished in a BASS Club in the New Bern area for a year as a non-boater. It was nice, but the actual fishing was the toughest I've ever experienced.

I moved here about 2 years ago (w/o a boat) and struggled with finding decent places to shore fish around Raleigh's lakes. Then I found a small jon boat club that fished all over. It's a great way to start fishing tournaments and just get out on the weekend.

I think most of these jon boat clubs you'd need to join with a boater though, or have a boat yourself.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Just because the jon boat guys dont have fancy $40000+ boats doesnt mean they dont catch fish. Those guys weigh in some big sacks that could contend for the win in any tournament.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Just because the jon boat guys dont have fancy $40000+ boats doesnt mean they dont catch fish. Those guys weigh in some big sacks that could contend for the win in any tournament.
i can't agree with you more neil.. it is never the size or kind of the boat. it is the skill of the man in that boat...

zooker

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Well... it does sound like you pretty much gotta have a livewell big enough for your catch... I read in this month's BASS magazine about the "century club", and five-fish limits weighing 30-45 lbs... I'm not sure my kayak could carry a livewell big enough for that limit...

·
Registered
38 Posts
We had a tourney at Falls this past February that was won with over 27 pounds. Two 8+ bass and a 7 were weighed that day. I'm pretty sure that bested several other big boat tournies the same day. In April, we fished Lake Holt and it took about 20 pounds to win, another 8 and a 7 were weighed.

The live wells managed; some boats are equipped with only large coolers and air pumps. Some boats are very understated - the fishermen, competition and fun, definitely not!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zman do you have a link to one of these clubs? I'd really like to get something going around here. or if I have to drive to do it.

I've fished some of the bigger tourny's in a nice boat and had fun.
But I had a blast fishing smaller tourny's in a small boat.

The problem Ive seen in nc is that I cant find the people around here to do the tournaments. Just small clubs tournys or they charge alot of money to fish with them.

welp shoot me a link or send me a message next tim youall are fishing. I'll try to get there.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Well... it does sound like you pretty much gotta have a livewell big enough for your catch... I read in this month's BASS magazine about the "century club", and five-fish limits weighing 30-45 lbs... I'm not sure my kayak could carry a livewell big enough for that limit...
I can see lefty paddlin' along with a 100 qt cooler with 2 little pontoons and rigged with a battery aerator..... Good for the upper body...LOL!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you know he could tie a rope to the yak, get a big cooler and make a float setup around it with expanding foam (squirt foam) good to go

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Rob, the club I fish is (hope nobody minds if I post a link) The Jon Boat Fishing Club

I've only been fishing with them since January, plus a few pickup tournaments late last year. On average there are about 12 boats per tourney, and I think I've seen as many as 15. Each boat is a team of 2 fishermen, some people fish alone though, which is fine.

Since joining I've had the chance to fished all over: Mackintosh, Cammack near Burlington; Michie, Holt, Eno River near Durham; Kerr Lake near Henderson; Falls, Beaver Dam and soon Harris in the Raleigh area. I see they've also done Wheeler, Roanoke Rapids and Gaston in recent year.

There is another club or two in the area I've heard of as well. There has been talk of a much bigger tournament with multiple clubs, I'm guessing next year.

Hope that helps, if you want more info, I'd send a message to Dampeoples, he's in charge of the club.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you I appreciate it brother. I'm going to talk to the Fayetteville Fishing club and see if we could set something like this up around here haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
You might also want to check out the You The Man jon boat tournaments. They're 1-man per boat tournaments around the Triangle and beyond. Looks like a small group and the season's short - seems like it would make for a great place to start. I think I might try it next year. You The Man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.