NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when can we expect to see some good action for bass in the Trent and Neuse?................I'm hoping this warm weather sparks some good movement...........let me in on the spawning secrets

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Trust me, I'm no bass expert by any stretch, nor any kind of freshwater fisherman.
But we (I should say my son) had luck fishing a deep bank drop near a channel on the sunny side (warmer water), using the good ol' bobber and minnow technique. Hung the minnow down about 2-3 ft from the bobber just where the bank was droppin near some fall down timber and stumps. Seem'd to work.

I would probably say try a spinner bait, medium diving crank bait (heard that from a guy at work -- big time bass guy) or a carolina rig'd large live minnow to find where the bass are suspending in the water column.

One note that I'm already seeing is: Good weather = lot's of boaters so it could be a bit busy with boat traffic if the sun is out, it's funny how many guys were out firing up their motor's today to get ready for this weekend.

Good luck!

·
Registered
791 Posts
fishme,

You can find them right now staging. Use Crank baits near drop offs with cover on the bottom much like Dave said. On the warmer sunnier days, check the flats, they'll be seeking the warmer water and bait thats collecting there.
there is a guy who posts here from time to time that's been fishing these waters for 25 years. He owns Lou's rod n' reel in Havelock. Drop in and see him, he'll give you the tips you seek.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.