NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a gift card from BPS and was on my way up from charlotte after a hard days work back home to high point and just wanted to say that i think that place may be the greatest place in the world. (i like gander mountaint to)

But i looked in the fish tank man i have never seen a Garr as big as the one they had in there. he must have been 3 feet long.

but my question was they had these bottom feeding type prehistoric looking fish in there with a triangle shaped head and a tail almost like a black tip shark. What the heck were they?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
just wanted to add this: visited the new BPS in prattville, alabama, over the holidays. the fishing section of the charlotte/concord BPS is significantly better -- more of everything, esp in the saltwater section.
perhaps those LA (lower alabama) anglers just don't spend the $$$ on saltwater gear, but was very surprised to see how much better the NC store was. // joel

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I visited the BPS in Destin, FL over Christmas... It struck me as pretty much on par with Concord... Unfortunately I was spoiled -- the first one I went to was Springfield. And my first superstore before that was Cabela's in Fort Worth.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I work about five minutes from Bass Pro in Concord (40 minutes in traffic LOL!) and was just there at lunch today.

Those fish are sturgeon.

Today they were feeding the fish live crayfish and nothing would touch them. The minnows were not so lucky.

It is a cool tank that is for sure and you don't realize how big it is until you go there when a diver is swimming around cleaning it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.