NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to spend the past 2+ days celebrating my batchelor party with some great friends as we fished rivers all over central and eastern NC. River bass are definitely in that early spawn lull and lots of females should be hitting beds in the next few days. Over two and half days of kayak fishing, we caught about 90 largemouths as well as a pile of catfish and some white bass. The highlight was this river giant I caught on Friday afternoon. It inhaled a topwater bait shortly after it hit the surface. Other baits that produced were cranks, t-rigged creature baits, finesse worms, and spinnerbaits. Although that big fish still has me buzzing, I enjoyed spending time with some great friends more than anything else over the weekend. It should be a fun wedding! Tight lines!

Water Shorts Boat Fisherman Plant

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Great way to end a fishing career. Now go do the dishes.
that was funny....nice bass and pm me on the gear you will be selling. Also, if you need any tips for your honeymoon night just call me. o
h, wait till you come home one day and your best rods and reels are gone and you ask her where they are at and her response is "oh, little Drew and his five buddies took 5 or 6 of your rods and went to the pond"....

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Im the military the old salty sergeants tell you to never get married...find a woman you hate and buy her a house!

All that said marriage has worked out well for me! Congratulations on the great fish and the succesful engagement!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great way to end a fishing career. Now go do the dishes.
that was funny....nice bass and pm me on the gear you will be selling. Also, if you need any tips for your honeymoon night just call me. o
h, wait till you come home one day and your best rods and reels are gone and you ask her where they are at and her response is "oh, little Drew and his five buddies took 5 or 6 of your rods and went to the pond"....
I'll admit, both of those made me laugh. Mary May enjoys fishing, so I hope that since she has finished her grad degree when can hit the water together more often. That is the theory anyway...ha.

I very much look forward to the day when I come home to a few rods missing. Of course then the day will come when one comes back in a few pieces or a reel isn't working and I'll have to try to stay patient and remember that I was on the opposite end of that situation a time or two.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I'll admit, both of those made me laugh. Mary May enjoys fishing, so I hope that since she has finished her grad degree when can hit the water together more often. That is the theory anyway...ha.

I very much look forward to the day when I come home to a few rods missing. Of course then the day will come when one comes back in a few pieces or a reel isn't working and I'll have to try to stay patient and remember that I was on the opposite end of that situation a time or two.
Nothing is cooler than your kid's first fish. There are other events as cool, but none really better.
As far as breaking them, I remember my salty old Uncle Grier taking me back into his garage when I said I wanted to shark fishing on the PCB pier (they allowed it back then) and picking through the collection until he found a massive one that looked like it had been hanging there since the 20s - "Bring me back the handle"... :D

Congrats on your catches!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts