NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the kids to bath for some tubing yesterday. I saw lots of folks fishing in "all the usual spots" and a half dozen pedestrians fishing on the bridge. Has anyone had any luck in that area lately or was this just wishful thinking? With all the rain I'd expect little action right now, but I was surprised by the number of folks I saw fishing.

I did fish some docks with a popping cork and gulp shrimp. I caught one flounder that was borderline keeper sized but I didn't bother to measure as it was late in the day and I didn't want to clean a single fish.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Good fishing around Bath, especially all those docks. The fresh water has got things "off" but don't hesitate to fish it. You saw a lot of people because the weekends are the only time a lot of folks can fish, so they go no matter the conditions. There are bass and perch etc up in the back of the creeks too and they will wander out as the fresh water pushes through too. And always some resident striper around that aren't so effected by the change in salinity. You can run out into the river and run down to Mixon Creek and fish that area then work your way out on Gum Point on down to Gaylord bay by the ferry. Then on around to St Clair creek then go up into North creek and work all those little tributaries. Lots to cover just on that one side of the river in a 2 mile stretch.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A few weeks ago I had some good luck with the drum but then 2 weeks ago I got skunked. With the weather cooling off hopefully the bite will turn on again. Sundrop is right though, lots of rain generally turns them off. I will be out there wednesday and let you know how I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.