NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting on here but I always like to check in for updates before I plan a trip. Thinkin about takin the yak to the bay river or new bern area next Saturday. Anybody know if the specs or reds are around that area right now? Or would it be a waste of my time to make the trip. Any tips would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I haven't been that way since before the bad freezes. Last time I was there we picked up a few undersized trout and a flounder or two but that was in the dead of winter. But that other thread looks promising glad to see somebody is catchin em!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Bay River Camp Ground is one of the best places to fish and camp! Frank and Rachel are great hosts! Last week I had several Reds on and landed one close to 25 inches. My wife Rhonda landed a lot of Specs ( can't keep any of them till June) It is a good time of year for Specs , Reds and Flounders. Watch for approaching weather fronts ,no luck when they come around. Look us up if you would like to fish with us.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Green and pink green and pink green and pink. Anything that has that like mirrolures, as well as gulp shrimp or pgys, or DOA shrimp as well. Of course bring others to try out, but use them first. My 5 year old hooked into a mid slot drum with a 3 inch green gulp ogy last year on a spiderman rod. He woulda had him in the boat if I woulda put better line on it that morning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips! I'll be there at 0 dark thirty tryin to get some topwater action. I'll be sure to give a report if theres any luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts