NC Angler Forums banner

BBW-GPS WAAS

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  NCangler 
#1 ·
Furuno's BBWGPS WAAS/GPS Receiver Antenna makes any NavNet product capable of receiving WAAS and GPS information. Now there is no need to have a separate unit to get your WAAS/GPS fix. This WAAS/GPS Receiver Antenna has everything you need built-in, and it delivers accuracy better then 3 meters by decoding GPS correction signals from the WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System).

In addition to its WAAS capability, the antenna has a compact 12-channel GPS Receiver that provides accurate and reliable position fixing. Simply connect the antenna to any NavNet display and you can display WAAS/GPS information on one display or the entire NavNet network.

Display: Supplied Separately
Power Use: 12 VDC
Receiver Type: WAAS/GPS

Standard Features
WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) Receiver
12 Channel, All-in-View Parallel Tracking GPS Receiver
Up to 900 Knot Tracking Velocity
90 Second Cold Start Acquisition, 20 Second Warm State Acquisition
3M Accuracy or higher (95% of the time, SA off)
WAAS On/Off Selectable *
Shipping Information

5 Lbs., 1 Carton
Power Requirements

12 VDC at 100 mA
Notes

* For more information on WAAS, please check the USCG Navigational Center web site:
www.navcen.uscg.gov

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I purchased a Furuno NavNet system which included the 1724C Radar unit display. Installing the BBW-GPS unit added GPS capability to the 1724C. The Furuno NavNet system interconnects each component and it all works very well together. I couldn't be happier with my electronics setup. Furuno costs a bit more but I think I got a great package price and electronics that will last for many years in the process. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.