NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for Father's Day my family gave me a guided Kayak trip for redfish with NCPierman Outdoor Adventures. Booked the trip for this past Tuesday and forecast was hot and windy. We fished out of the Bear Creek area. The morning wasn't very productive as we tried artificials on jigheads but no takers. We switched to live bait, carolina rigged finger mullet and then the we started hooking up. My first fish of the day was a stingray and then a really small shark. My first redfish of the day was a 25" red also off a finger mullet. The wind started to pick up and we moved to another spot. I picked up 2 more stingrays and about 5 more reds, the last one measuring about 22". Tim is an awesome guide who is very patient. This is not the first time fishing for drum but the first time out of a kayak. Despite the hot weather and the 20 mile/hr winds we were still able to hook up on the reds!

Water Boat Sky Watercraft Sports equipment
Water Sky Plant Casting (fishing) Boat
Water Sky Cloud Plant Hat
Water Sky Boat Plant Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Water Bird Beak Lake Bank
Fishing net Fish Salmon-like fish Seafood Fishing
Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources Cloud

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.