NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Began day overcast, cool, almost chilly, light southwest winds, water temp 74 to 75.5 through out the day. The day air temp warmed as advertised, but never hot, breezes sporadic from the west until early evening, just enough to not need the electric, but made me wish (again) for a Power Pole. Fished shallow with cranks, lizards, frogs, chatterbait, beavertail plastics on the surface and bottom-bouncing. No surface bites. Total of ten fish, five would be keepers, largest three pounds. Fish came often enough to my partner to keep us interested, but mine were far between. Largest three fish came off visible beds, 3-pounder came on my last cast of the day on KVD beavertail, dark green top, light green underside, salt and caffein. That cast won our usual biggest fish contest, so he buys Sunday breakfast with the family.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not everywhere, but in several locations. Clearly on the bed, ran them off and they came back. All three of the largest fish were female. Ones of the smaller ones was a male; looked like he was on guard duty. Weird, but true.....

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Got one today on a worm right at the bank, never saw the bed but the fish still had the raw red ventral tail.

Reactions: drjon
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.