NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a very cold start from the ramp Sunday morning but we got to see one of the brightest and most beautiful sun rises you could ask for, even had a nice 6 point buck swim the creek in front of us on the way in. Had my friend Timmy on board for his 2nd trout fishing adventure and he was ready to feel a shakey head. He had caught 1 good trout on his first trip and knew what to expect. The morning was very slow and it appeared the rain had pushed the fish back down river a little. After 1 fish on a MR17 we started downstream until we found the fish. I hooked up on a nice 23.75" pig that wanted to lay across the net but Timmy managed to get him through the hoop and in the boat. Few casts later and Tim puts a 20" in the boat. Worked the area again and picked up 2 more.

The afternoon had warmed up tremendously so we headed out to a flat to fish some shallower water and I was able to get a couple more and Tim finished the 2 man limit with a nice 21" fish. We had to work hard but we never gave up and in the end it paid off. Timmy got 2 over 20" on his second trip, he's addicted for sure now! The fish were much more agressive today and they were shaking their heads big time. We had a blast, the fish were a bonus.

Tim with a 20"
Water Sky Watercraft Hat Lake
Water Sky Standing Lake Gesture
Water Boat Lake Fisherman Fish
Water Boat White Lake Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
336 Posts
It was a very cold start from the ramp Sunday morning but we got to see one of the brightest and most beautiful sun rises you could ask for, even had a nice 6 point buck swim the creek in front of us on the way in. Had my friend Timmy on board for his 2nd trout fishing adventure and he was ready to feel a shakey head. He had caught 1 good trout on his first trip and knew what to expect. The morning was very slow and it appeared the rain had pushed the fish back down river a little. After 1 fish on a MR17 we started downstream until we found the fish. I hooked up on a nice 23.75" pig that wanted to lay across the net but Timmy managed to get him through the hoop and in the boat. Few casts later and Tim puts a 20" in the boat. Worked the area again and picked up 2 more.

The afternoon had warmed up tremendously so we headed out to a flat to fish some shallower water and I was able to get a couple more and Tim finished the 2 man limit with a nice 21" fish. We had to work hard but we never gave up and in the end it paid off. Timmy got 2 over 20" on his second trip, he's addicted for sure now! The fish were much more agressive today and they were shaking their heads big time. We had a blast, the fish were a bonus.

Tim with a 20"
View attachment 67575 View attachment 67576 View attachment 67577 View attachment 67578
Pretty work. There are just trout everywhere from what I can tell. Sat off the bank listening to a couple big mommas smacking bait on top in the way back of *&*&(& creek the other night. these warm days are doing some interesting things to the fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.