NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great morning out there today. The lake was calm with few boats and a nice sunrise.

I was having troubles catching a small perch. hahahaha. It was going on my live bait rod. The bite was kinda slow and I caught 3 over a pound before I caught bait. I hooked that bait up and flung it out on a slip bobber.

Not long after I hear click, click. bobbers gone. I let it walk for a bit and then slammed it. I went back and forth with bass and cat. Finally a 6.25 lb bass was in the net. Needless to say much fun was had. And a nice couple got to watch. To bad they did not hang around to take a pic. This is what I ended up with.

mike

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was another Beauty Day today. Sun, light winds and a slow stream. A few of us took another run at Deep River. And seeing as we had to skip the last bit after the fish trap. We paddled back up and fished back through the putin to the next one.

The bite was not as good today but we all caught a bunch of fish. Less panfish than last time. We did notice there were panfish on beds. Seems late for that but there were beds all over. So we avoided the beds when we saw them. We did catch more bass I think. And we saw a bunch. They were just not all that hungry.

mike

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something I forgot to mention about Saturday.

There was some kind of huge hatch on the lake. It was so quiet with no wind I could hear them all flying. Just this drone on the lake. The little stuff were up feeding. I could see all the little hits at the surface. But there was nothing under them eating them. And they should have been making a **** of a racket.

I have been in plenty of river hatches trout fishing. I had never seen something like this. Acres of them.

mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.