NC Angler Forums banner

Beaver Dam Lake (Upper Falls)

1696 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  KC_Angler
Anyone have any luck here, Just got my jon boat with trolling motor and wanted to check this place out. How big is it? Do they have a ramp I can launch from? I know a couple of electric only lakes don't allow trailers ( for whatever reason).
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Yeah good fishing not terribly large recommend 2 batteries couple of miles long big fish bass white bassand crappie and pan fish few channel cats as well .
Used to wear out the crappie in there before they made the boat ramp. There is a launch area just beyond the Fall's Lake ramp at highway 50 just North and on your right. Also- there is a place you can launch from the bank where you can stay out as long as you want. ( The ramp has hours they open and close ) Keep going north past the Beaverdam launch and you'll come to a crossroad. ( New Light road ) Turn RIGHT and go a couple miles and you'll cross over a bridge that is beaverdam lake- just beyond that bridge is a road on your RIGHT which leads to the lake where you can launch from the bank.
Filled the boat one night in there down at the spillway with channel cats. This was years ago. Your results may vary. They were the best tasting fish I think I've ever had maybe due to that body of water having a real high water quality according to the state. I think it was considered 4A which is rare with runoff most places.
They were the best tasting fish I think I've ever had maybe due to that body of water having a real high water quality according to the state. I think it was considered 4A which is rare with runoff most places.
Thats strange, Just a few miles away on Falls they are always closing beaches due to bad water. The two are connected at the dam seperated by nothing more than a chainlink fence.

Just out of curiousity, anyone have any idea what the purpose of damming off Beaver Dam from Falls lake was when it was built?
The elevations and ability to conto water reserves
Yeah good fishing not terribly large recommend 2 batteries couple of miles long big fish bass white bassand crappie and pan fish few channel cats as well .
Thanks for the info, might have to check it out soon.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.