NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be back in Raleigh this weekend and I'm planning on sneaking in a few hours at Beaver Dam early Saturday morning if anyone wants to join. It'll be my first time in that area. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help!
I tried to get to the wildlife ramp, but it was closed. Went down to Old Weaver Trail and took a right. I turned down a paved road near a park ranger house or something and went across the little bridge to the ramp. Got out there about 6:00 or 6:15 and fished until 8:30ish. Didn't catch anything but had a great time

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I have slayed the crappie there many times, and caught some nice bass on foot.
Thanks for the help!
I tried to get to the wildlife ramp, but it was closed. Went down to Old Weaver Trail and took a right. I turned down a paved road near a park ranger house or something and went across the little bridge to the ramp. Got out there about 6:00 or 6:15 and fished until 8:30ish. Didn't catch anything but had a great time

Reactions: dbeam

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
The channel isn't real deep from there up to the bridge - more of a ditch than a channel - but its deep enough to pull shad raps behind the kayak. It runs diagonally through the open water from the south east point of the bay at that Old Weaver spur road to the straight western shoreline below the bridge. Can often run into some (small) schooling action at the bridge in the evening and the rip rap always holds something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.