NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard, WF! Always good to have more boats in the NCAngler paddle-fishing armada!! :D I hope you've seen our map (Quick Links -> Kayaker's Map)

I haven't figured out the early-morning bass either. The textbooks seem to suggest topwater lures early in the morning -- and the jumping fish would seem to support that. <shrug> I'm probably still not doing something right.

My best lure for bass, far and away, has been the spinnerbait. I can run it fast or slow, shallow or deep, smooth or jerky, and it does well in cover. The only thing it doesn't do is suspend or float (unless I drop it vertically, then I can simulate a suspend).

Having said that, a lot of other folks have success on a lot of other lures. I just seem to be a spinnerbait guy, at least at this stage of my fishing career.

Don't have much experience on Beaverdam, but there are some others who do.

Welcome aboard!!
Lefty

·
Registered
75 Posts
The bridge area, and the bank to the left heading to the bridge, the deep, rocky bank across from the park ramp, all the way to the spillway, the spillway in the morning, and the rocky point to the right, as well as the bank leading up to it. That's good enough for now ;)

Lures - this time of year, I'd give very little time to topwater, maybe 15 minutes to gauge interest, then go to a shallow diving crank, lefty's spinnerbait, or straight to plastics. As the day wears on, and earlier than you might think, switch up to deeper diving cranks, large jigs, slow rolled spinnerbaits or carolina rigs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.