NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so much a fishing report as a lake report (though I did take an ultralight along and make a few casts - lost one decent fish to a dull hook, no-backbone rod, and rusty hook setting skills).

My daughter and I took the kayaks down to Beaverdam for some paddling and dunk/re-entry tests (aka cooling off). After all the pics in the closed ramps thread and seeing how low the main lake is, I was expecting to have to haul the kayaks way down to the water... But I forgot that Beaverdam is separated from the main lake by a fixed spillway, so its not nearly as affected by the drought as the main lake. There's still plenty of water back there - not much below normal pool - and still an easy carry to the water at the Old Weaver area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My son and I went fishing on 09/15. We didn't even try Bass yet, we went straight for perch and brim. We very good luck catching about 18 between us in 2 hours. Nothing big but it was fun. The most activity we have had in 2 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.