NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember I got a good deal on an old boat and motor earlier this year. I'm just about finished with my makeover. All thats left is getting some better tires for the trailer and having the motor tuned and seals put in the lower unit. Here's some after and before shots.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Lookin good man!!!! When you get tires get the lowest profile smallest ones you can ( I assume you'll get "car tires" they are fine) and it will make loading/unloading much easier getting close to the ground!..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'd even considered going back to 12" trailer tires and rims, but at $50+ bucks each, I can probably get 2 good used tires for my existing car rims for the price of one new trailer tire/rim.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm hoping to find a little boat like that for the creeks and backwaters so I can chase some Reds. Just have to find "the deal!"

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
$74ea at Agri I almost passed out..LOL Just the rims in 13" are $26 and you can buy 165/80/13 regular pass car tires for about $24ea at "wallyworld"

12" will be similar priced. You might do better on 12" at Harbor Freight but I dont know how often you get to Raleigh. Tractor Supply co is about like Agri on price as well...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.