NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Belews around 10:30 yesterday, first cast got a 2 pounder, and a total of 6 bass a couple in the 4 pound size, also hooked up with a white bass at the hot hole. Didn't realize that Belews had white bass in it. All and all a great day on the lake the wind was a pain stayed on the t-motor the entire time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Devildognc,

Thanks for the report!! I'm headed out that way later today myself, hope for simalar results. Got any saugestions?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Welcome to the board and good deal on the catching:D

Spring the magical time of the year when you can load the boat with some nice fish and spend the rest of the year trying to figure them out.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
80 Posts
JPOND686 and I fished Belews today got to the lake around 4:00 pm.We started off around the power plant side looking to see some fish on the beds but that side has not bedded yet then we broke out the crank baits and got one each in about a hour or less both were pretty nice bass . We left from there and went to another spot with no bites there .

Then we headed for the hot ditch it was real slow at first the fish were there but was not willing to hit what we were throwing .When it got dark things heated up.We started catching the fish on every thing we used. Top water baits, shaky heads, spinner baits, crank baits,10" worms, lizards and rattle traps it was fast and furious for about 3 good hours.Some of the fish were in the 4lb range we saw some bigger fish following the fish we had hooked I lost count of the fish I landed. The fish were breaking all over the hot ditch.It was a really good time we both caught nice fish we had a camera but my batteries died after the first fish of the day,I really had a great time with jpond686.He fishes the same methods I do and all and all for the trip we planed I would say it was a home run.

I would say I probably caught around 10 or 15 bass and jpond686 around the same. It was a lot of fish in there tonite. They were coming through in packs. We also caught white perch on bass baits to.I kept 2 of them to have with my steak dinner tomorrow.These fish are mistaken for white bass.They are white perch. Believe me I have picked thousands of them out of gill nets.I tried for some crappie but the bass bite was on and I couldn't get off it long enough to crappie fish.Well thats my story of the day.I can not wait to fish with jpond686 agin he is welcome on my boat any time.Also can not wait to here what he has to say about the fish we were on. tight lines

·
Registered
80 Posts
it borders 5 countys stokes forsyth rockingham and stokedalethere are 4 boat ramps 2 are public ramps.pine hall and piney bluff. just as a remind to everyone on nc angler im looking for people to fish with .all we need is a truck to get the boat to the water and ill put you on some off the best bassin in the peidmont.private message is the best way to contact me i have hade 3 nc anglers go out there with me and had really good luck on the trips so far. "tight lines"

·
Registered
258 Posts
As you can see Lite Linner and I finally got together. Had a great trip! It as good if not better than he said. I only have regrets I didn't bring a camera, and worst thing I somehow made it out without my topwater box (big mistake). I have to thank Line Linner for taking me, and if you get the chance, get in touch with him and make plans to go there, but don't for forget the camera and don't forget the your topwater baits. Big thanks to "Lite Linner". We will go again as to as our schedules allow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.